winter

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day!

"For these three remain...faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
 
1 Corinthians 13:13
 
I am all about celebrating holidays and creating family traditions. When it comes to Valentines Day its just another day to celebrate love since it is to be celebrated everyday! But... I do enjoy decorating and creating fun little treats representing love :-) Here are a few around our home!

 
I have loved using this chalk board I made with that gals from our small group at our girls night. Find an old or new picture frame and paint the glass with chalk board paint. Instantly creates a message board. So fun!

 
Take a basic hurricane and add real or silk rose pettals with a candle of your choice - creates simple and festive look for your table or shelf.
 
 
My sister found these great printables for every season/holiday and its been fun to print them off and stick them in a simple 8x10 frame.
 
 
This is our blessing tree from our wedding and i have it up most of the year and embellish it with each season...hanging hearts from the craft store or you could make your own paper ones and hang with ribbon...delicate touch to everyday decor!
 
 
 
 
~ Food & Dessert ~
 
Jerad and I have a tradition of staying in on Valentines and making our favorite dinner together! Here are some yummies I've prepared ahead of time...
 
 
Here is our table for our romantic dinner in for Valentines. I keep it simple and elegant!
 
 
 
 
I made a box brownie mix and after it cooled grabbed my heart cookie cutter and made these cute hearts for our dessert this evening. To finish it off i made a raspberry puree and drizzled it over to make a sweet garnish. Delish!
 
 
A special touch to make any beverage festive! I pured strawberries in the blender and then poured them into a heart shaped mold...freeze for 2 hours and you will have heart shaped strawberry cubes to add to your bubbly! 
 
 
 
 
I picked up some beef short ribs at Costco for our dinner. I put four short ribs in the crock pot along with one cup red wine, i can 16 oz. marinara sauce, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon savory steak rub and half of an onion. Makes the house spell so good all day. Cook on low for 6 hours.
 
For the sides we will have steamed asparagus with seasoning salt and evoo and our favorite garlic home made mashed potatoes. Also, a green salad with white basalmic dresding and french bread...yumm!
 
 
 
Rosebuds from my Valentine....I love you Jerad!!
 
Wishing you lots of love today and everyday!
 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment